- 3 ounces unsalted butter plus additional for greasing
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting pan
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 small pieces of peeled peach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 12-muffin mini-muffin tin. Add a pinch of flour to each cup; shake to coat bottoms.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The melted butter will get foamy. Keep pan moving to prevent burning, but continue toasting butter until it turns golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar together in a large bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves and egg whites get thick and foamy, 2 or 3 minutes. Mix in almond meal, flour, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in browned butter.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the cop. Tap pan to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and top financiers with small pieces of peach. Transfer pan back to oven. Continue baking until browned, 10 to 12 more minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Source : allrecipes.com