- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 375°. Grease cookie sheet with shortening. Mix butter and sugars in large bowl with spoon. Beat in eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Stir in remaining ingredients except raisins. Fold in raisins.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.