This easy Pumpkin Roll recipe is one of the best fall desserts! A pillowy soft and tender pumpkin cake is covered with a rich cream cheese filling then rolled, chilled and sliced for a gorgeous eye catching dessert!
How To Make Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar for dusting, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 12x17-inch jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper; butter the parchment paper. Generously dust a kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar.
- Beat eggs, white sugar, and pumpkin together in a bowl until creamy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl; gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir to combine. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for exactly 10 minutes.
- Immediately turn cake onto the prepared kitchen towel. Starting at a long end, roll up pumpkin cake and towel. Let rolled cake rest for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, 16-ounce package confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; fold in pecans.
- Unroll cake; spread with the filling. Roll up cake (without towel). Cut off any jagged ends. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut cake in half if desired; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.