- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 1 cup Carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces asparagus, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan, then keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken, and continue cooking until firm and lightly browned; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in the saucepan and cook onions until they soften and turn translucent, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking until the rice turns opaque, and the onion begins to brown.
- Stir in the wine and asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, until the wine evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in another 1/3 of the chicken stock and continue cooking and stirring until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Season the risotto with oregano and basil. Pour in the remaining stock, and stir until absorbed again, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and chicken cubes.
Source : allrecipes.com