- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/2 small spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tart green apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 2/3 cup sherry
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the squash, cut side down, on baking sheets and roast for 45 minutes, or until flesh is soft. Scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Saute the onion, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook 1 minute. Add the apples and sherry and simmer for 10 minutes, or until apples soften.
- Puree batches of the squash flesh and broth in a food processor or blender. Transfer the squash puree to a large saucepan. Puree the apple/sherry mixture and stir into pureed squash.
- Heat over medium heat and season with salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste.
Source : allrecipes.com