How To Make Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Kale & Apples
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Brussels sprouts salad
- 1 lb. Whole Brussels Sprouts washed and air dried, ends cut off
- 4-6 pieces Dino Kale washed, air dried, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Red Onion diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds or any nuts or seeds
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pomegranate Seeds
For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- In a 16oz jar, combine VINEGAR, MAPLE SYRUP, DIJON, SALT, PEPPER, and OLIVE OIL.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients into a creamy dressing. If you don't have a blender, you can put a lid on the jar and shake vigorously, or whisk the ingredients with a fork until well-combined.
For the Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Trim the stems off the Brussels sprouts and run them through the food processor using the 'slicing' disk to shave them into thin slices. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, de-stem the kale and tear into bite-sized pieces. Add shaved Brussels sprouts, cranberries, onion, pomegranate, sunflower seeds, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine, then add apple slices and gently toss again. Transfer salad to a serving bowl.
- You can make this salad a few days in advance, but don’t dress it until ready to serve. This helps maintain optimal texture and color.
- To prevent apples from browning, soak them in 1 cup of water with 2 Tbsp lemon juice until needed.