How To Make Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning , divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese (I like to do a mix)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a large frying pan, cook the ground beef over medium-heat until browned. Drain grease and stir in salsa and 2 Tablespoons of taco seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream cheese and 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning to a medium-sized bowl. Stir until smooth and then add in the black beans.
- Pour 1/3 cup enchilada sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker. Place a tortilla on top and spread with 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Then add about 1 cup taco meat and 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Drizzle 1/3 cup enchilada sauce on top and then repeat with 3 layers.
- Cook taco lasagna on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-4 hours, until cheese is nice and bubbly hot. Slice into 6 or 8 pieces and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Want an easier clean up? Try using a slow cooker liner before you add all ingredients.
- Use gluten-free or corn tortillas (check the label!) to make gluten-free.
- To lighten up, use ground turkey or shredded chicken vs. ground beef. Can also sub full fat cheeses with reduced fat cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- Can use pinto beans instead of black beans if preferred. Can even omit beans all together and use corn as replacement.
- To bake taco lasagna in the oven: Add all ingredients to a 9x13" baking dish and bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes (until cheese is melted and bubbly). Can also use this recipe instead.