How To Make Spicy Slow Cooker Beef & Bell Pepper
- 2 lbs beef chuck thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped to 1 inch squares bell pepper
- ½ medium onion peeled, cut in half, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp freezer dried garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp Sriracha sauce (add more if you like it extra spicy)
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Place 2 lbs of meat on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with 1/2 a sliced onion. For even better flavor, sauté onion in skillet until golden brown, then add it to the slow cooker. Top with 2 cups of cut-up bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Mix 1 cup of broth with 3 tsp Sriracha, or water, bullion cubes, and Sriracha. Pour over the peppers and beef.
- (if using bullion cubes, add only 1 tsp salt). Set on high heat for 3.5-4 hours.
- Mix ½ cup water and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Add 1 cup of liquid from the meat & pepper mixture and cook on medium heat until boiling, then cook 2 minutes past boil to remove the cornstarch flavor. Add this mixture back to the meat and bell peppers. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, stir and serve.
- Serve hot over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.