- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a 9×12-inch baking dish.
- Remove the green tops from strawberries using the tip of small, sharp knife or strawberry huller. Place the berries cut-side down on a work surface and cut in half. Slice each half lengthwise 3 to 5 times before turning and cutting across in a nice, uniform dice.
- Combine diced strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch in a mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly combined and the cornstarch disappears. Set aside until needed.
- Combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, salt, and ginger in a mixing bowl. Pour in melted butter and stir thoroughly until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Transfer 60% of the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out into an even layer. Press the mixture down with the back of a spoon or spatula to compress slightly.
- Place strawberries over the top using a slotted spoon. Do not press down. Reserve any accumulated juices in the bowl. Top with remaining oatmeal mixture and press down lightly with the back of a spoon or spatula. Drizzle reserved juices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Press the top down with a spatula to compress slightly. Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com