For the Crumble:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or as needed
For the Fruit Mixture:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Grate in the frozen butter, stopping occasionally to toss the butter into the flour mixture until coated. Drizzle in vanilla extract; add egg yolks. Stir with a fork until egg is mostly absorbed. Add vinegar; mix briefly. Use your hands to finish mixing, squeezing until clumps but mixture remains mostly dry. Add 1 teaspoon vinegar if needed.
- Combine blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries in another bowl. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Sprinkle in cayenne pepper. Mix until sugar and cornstarch are mostly dissolved.
- Place about 1/2 of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. Press mixture down using a flat cup until well compacted. Spread the berries over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top, squeezing some of it into clumps.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is beautifully browned and berry syrup bubbles on the surface, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com