- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Stir in egg, milk, and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, mixing well. Add a small amount of red food coloring to color dough as desired, beating until blended. Shape dough into a ball; cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Divide dough in half; store one portion in refrigerator. Roll remaining portion to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough with a 3-inch round cookie cutter; cut circle in half. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press several chocolate mini chocolate chips in each cookie. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (do not brown). Cool on wire racks.
- Make frosting: Combine powdered sugar and water, mixing until smooth. Add a small amount of green food coloring, mixing until blended. Dip round edge of each cookie in green frosting, and place cookie on wax paper until frosting is firm.
Source : allrecipes.com