- 1 1/2 cups evaporated cane sugar
- 2 cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Cream sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Mix in applesauce and oil.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl; add to egg mixture. Fold in carrot, zucchini, and 1 cup walnuts. Spread in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com